STEP GOVERNANCE 2016
The name STEP, an acronym, reflects the aspirational nature of the organisation – Striving Together for Excellence in Partnership. Inspired by the commitment to improve children’s life chances, STEP Academies work together to provide high quality learning experiences for all their pupils.
“STEP First” is the notion that, first and foremost, everyone is committed to being part of The STEP Academy Trust. All governors must be fully aligned to the Trust’s Mission and Vision. Although serving one or more particular Academies, governors are members of the wider STEP team. We are all one team, in one organisation, working towards the same goal: to be outstanding in all we do – STEP First!
STEP Governance Structure
Recent changes introduced by the Department for Education (DfE) allow academy trusts to establish a local governing body that is responsible for two or more academies.
Composition of the Strategic Governing Bodies (SGB)
The new Strategic Governing Bodies will have a maximum of 12 Governors as follows:
- Parent x2 (elected, ideally one from each Academy)
- Staff x2 (Headteachers)
- Staff x2 (elected, ideally one from each Academy)
- Board of Trustees Representative x1
- STEP Governors x5
- Temporary Co-Opted Governors (according to need)
It is the belief of the Board of Trustees that this new governance structure, underpinned by sound principles, will make best use of our strengths, will address our challenges and will provide the framework for each of our Academies to become Outstanding at the next opportunity.
OUR GOVERNING BODY
CHAIR – MARK DEACON
VICE CHAIR – Nick Ambrose
Jessica Pero, Terry Sotiri, Stacey Frier, Catherine Hewitt, Paul Glover, Tim Mills
For the Strategic Governing Body of Angel Oak Academy click here SGB Summary List Angel Oak Academy Dec 2016
To contact our Chair of Governors, please write to our Clerk:
Liz Parry (Clerk to the Governing Body of Angel Oak Academy)
Angel Oak Academy
Burcher Gale Grove, London SE15 6FL
DATES OF LOCAL GOVERNING BODY MEETINGS:
SPRING 2 – Tuesday 17th March 2015 – MINUTES –CLICK HERE
SUMMER 1 – Tuesday 14th April 2015 – MINUTES – CLICK HERE
AUTUMN 1 – Thursday 17th September 2015 – MINUTES – CLICK HERE.
AUTUMN 2 – Monday 16th November 2015 – MINUTES – CLICK HERE
SPRING 1 – Monday 18th January 2016 – MINUTES – CLICK HERE
- Governing body membership and attendance records for governors during the last academic year – CLICK HERE
- Governing body membership, terms of office and roles and responsibilities for the current academic year – CLICK HERE
- Governing body pecuniary interest register for the school year 2016-2017 – CLICK HERE
- Annual SGB Attendance Record 2015-16 – CLICK HERE