Next Monday, March 8th, we will be welcoming all children back to Angel Oak Academy. I am writing to you to outline important information regarding reopening for parents. Please note that attendance from March 8th is compulsory for all pupils, and families may be fined for non-attendance. From March 8th:
- The school gates will be opened at 8:45am daily;
- Parents must line up before opening on the markers painted on the floor before entering the site;
- Parents dropping off and collecting their children must wear a face covering whilst doing so, unless exempt.
Staggered start and end times will again be in place:
- Reception, Year 1, Year 3 and Year 5 will attend school from 8:45am – 3:00pm;
- Year 2, Year 4 and Year 6 will attend school between 9:00am – 3:15pm;
- Siblings with different start times should arrive at school at 8:45am and be collected at 3:15pm;
- The one-way system for drop off and collection will continue, with parents encouraged to maintain a safe distance from each other at all times.
Wrap-around care services will recommence from March 8th. Sports clubs will run from the following week, March 15th, with more information to follow next week. In addition, please remember:
- Pupils will once again be kept in year group ‘bubbles’ throughout the school day, but children may move between classes in their year group and be taught by different teachers;
- The school office will remain closed to parents and children; contact should be made via phone or email;
- Year group emails will be closed at the end of this week.
The government have made rapid lateral flow testing available for all households of school pupils. We strongly encourage families to take part in this initiative and can offer further guidance for families who wish to access these tests.
If you have any questions about our reopening arrangements, please contact the school office. We look forward to seeing you all again next Monday.