We are proud to announce that we have recently received the Gold Kitemark award for our outstanding PE and sports provision. Here is what our assessors agreed we provide for our children:
Increasing Engagement in School Games
- Provide all students with two hours of timetabled Physical Education per week (within the curriculum only) and have extra curriculum provision inclusive of physical activity in addition to this.
- Engage at least 50% of pupils in extracurricular sporting and physical activity every week.
- Over the course of the academic year, have targeted provision for those least active young people in your school and a minimum take up of at least 15% from those identified as least active at the start of the academic year. This take up needs to be sustained over a term.
Developing Competitive Opportunities
- Use the School Games formats to provide the opportunity for both boys and girls to take part in the appropriate level of competition.
Workforce – Broadening The Range Of Opportunities
- Every young person is provided the opportunity to learn to lead through curriculum PE as part of the lesson structure.
- Engage a representative group of students in leading, managing and officiating in School Games activity.
- Have a School Sport Organising Committee or Crew in place that influences provision.
- Utilise sports coaches, volunteers or other providers to support school sport and physical activity delivery that complements your School Games Organiser’s provision.
- Have active links with at least five local community and pathways sport/physical activity and leisure providers
Increasing and Sustaining Participation
- Train and engage wider school staff in the delivery of school sport and physical activity.